Monday, September 20, 2010

Please welcome Sydney Rabbit to the family



As those of you who followed me on Catster know, I lost my dear friend, Brinkley the Bunny Rabbit about a month ago. I was very depressed and expressed my emotions by attacking on the other cats. Between my moms being upset and me attacking the other cats, it was a chaotic period in our lives.

Things finally settled down, but life was not the same without the "hop, hop, hop" of a rabbit. I especially enjoyed Brinkley the Bunny Rabbit because I could sit up on a chair and lord over her. She understood that I was superior, or at least that's what I thought. Evil Step Momma Amy says that she did not understand my attempts to dominate her and that Brinkley actually saw herself as dominant. Whatever, Evil Step Momma Amy is wrong. Brinkley and I had an understanding.

Well, my moms decided it was time to bring another bun into our lives. On September 12, 2010, my moms adopted Sydney Rabbit, a 10 month old, 7.9lbs rabbit from the Nevada Humane Society. She is "seal point" which means she is a Meezer Bun. But she is no Meezer. And let me tell you, she is NO Brinkley.

Brinkley was slow moving, respected my space and dominance.

Frankly, I am not even certain what to make of Sydney. She runs at the speed of light and then she abruptly stops within a half an inch of my face and stares at me. Um hello? Personal space? I know I am not allowed to attack rabbits, so I try wave my paw at her to get her to shove off. But before I can even get a single pad off the carpet, she is off again zooming somewhere else.

And she does not let me lord over her either. No, instead she JOINED me on the sofa last night. What the cat? Rabbits belong on the floor below me. They do not belong next to me on the sofa.

I have to say, I do enjoy her efforts in thwarting my moms' attempts to keep her confined. She learned how to get out of her pen so my moms put a roof on the pen. Next morning she had the roof off. She has also broken down a couple of barricades my moms have set up.

So all in all, I think we will get along okay, just as soon as she learns to respect MY personal space.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new bunny sibling! I'm sure with time, she will realize that you are dominant. *mol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, but you need to train her. I'm sure you're up to the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydney is very pretty! I agree with Allie -- you certainly are up to the job of training her but you'd better start right away 'cause I don't think she quite understands that she's not the boss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used my Mighty Meezer Voice on her a few times now and given her smacky paws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Sydney is testing you, Nikolai, to see what she can get away with. Pretty girls will do that. You need to put her in her place right away or you will regret it. Use your mighty roar and your smacky paws!
    Love
    Elise
    xoxo
    PS wxcuse our anonymous post. Stupid Holes in the Head hasn't a clue what to put there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Sydney's middle name must be Newman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Sydney on BunSpace?

    ReplyDelete