Friday, October 15, 2010

Latest Recap

Hello furr-iends.  My moms have not been good about keeping you all up to date about my daily activities, so I'm here to recap all the things that have happened in the past couple weeks. 


First, my mom decided to start switching us to pine litter.  She put pine litter in two of the four litter boxes.  I have not been seen using this litter yet.  Sheba and Ty seem to like it.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I know that I like to sit right in front of the pine litter box so that Sheba and Ty can't get in it.  Mom likes the pine litter because it smells better and it's ultimately cheaper and is easier to clean.  I think she's trying to turn me into a lumberjack, and I'm not sure I'm that kind of mancat. 

My moms also put up some things on the Smudge auction, including some personalized cat soaps.  They had no idea how popular those would be.  But they were also very happy that the soaps made some money for Smudge and family.  They have been very busy putting the finishing touches on the cat soaps, and most of them should ship out this weekend.  There was such a good response, though, that moms are considering putting together an Etsy shop, and using the proceeds for Feline Rescue of Northern Nevada.  If they do end up putting together a shop, I'll be sure to let everyone know.  I think they just need to make Dreamboat soaps. 

My moms took Gram out to the Animal Ark for their Harvest Festival.  Animal Ark is a sanctuary for wild animals who are unable to fend for themselves in the wild.  There are former circus tigers, a mountain lion who had been trained for film, a half-blind peregrine falcon, and others.  At the Harvest Festvial, the staff fills up pumpkins with the animals' favorite goodies and dole them out throughout the day.  My mom got this photo of one of the mountain lions being a sunshine boy (just like me!).  He had bashed open his pumpkin and eaten the goodies, then settled in for a good old-fashioned cat nap.  That's my kind of mancat.


There was a female raccoon, too.  She looks just like my sister, Minnie.  We all think Minnie is part raccoon.  She looks like one and she makes funny sounds like one. 


There are also a few cheetahs at the Animal Ark.  My mom has always loved cheetahs.  When she was little, her paw-rents would take her to the Sacramento Zoo, and all she wanted to see was the cheetah.  Because of cheetahs, she even wanted to be a veterinarian at a zoo for a while.  So, getting to see a cheetah up close and personal was a treat for my mom.  Even though I know I am so much more handsome than a cheetah. 


And my moms are going to be going on vacation at the end of the month.  I don't like this because it means I might have to stay somewhere other than home.  And I don't know why my moms would be so excited to spend time away from me.  They are going to drive over to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah and spend some time there.  Taking care of other cats, and even dogs, of all things. 


Also, Sydney has decided that she likes my cat tree.  This has not been photo-shopped at all.  Last night, Sydney decided that she wanted to climb on up the cat tree.  Needless to say, Sheba and Minnie were more than a little surprised that the rabbit was on the cat tree. 

3 comments:

  1. Dreamboat Soaps would be a purrfect name for your Moms' Etsy shop - inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by Samoa, who was generous enough to list me as a Dreamboat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik, tell your mommy her soaps are AWSOME! I got a lavender one and it is the best :)

    ReplyDelete